Covid-19 Pandemic Response
As a provider of essential services, Hometown Heating & Air is open for your comfort needs. We service Lexington, Nicholasville, Wilmore, Georgetown, Winchester, Burgin, Harrodsburg, Danville, Versailles and surrounding areas.
We understand you're concerned with how to keep your family safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. That's why we're making every effort to adjust our business practices to continue to provide you with the comfort your family needs in the safest way possible.
Please let us know prior to your visit if you or anyone in your household is or has recently been ill or exposed to someone with COVID-19 symptoms or diagnosis, or is especially vulnerable to COVID-19 infection. This will help us know when to appropriately take extra safety precautions.
Read on to learn more about the steps we are taking to protect our employees and customers, and reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Wellness & Prevention
- We're asking all our employees and technicians to stay home and contact their healthcare provider if they feel sick.
- Non-essential personnel are being asked to work from home.
- Prior to entering your home, our technicians may apply hand sanitizer, a face mask, and gloves to wear while in your home.
- We're following CDC guidelines to keep our offices, vehicles, supplies, tools, and equipment sanitized frequently throughout the day.
- All employees receive time off for COVID-19 testing, vaccination, and boosting of themselves and dependent children/elders when required and as they and their families determine is necessary.
- All employees testing positive for COVID-19 and unvaccinated employees in close proximity to someone testing positive for COVID-19 are not permitted to return to work until their CDC-recommended quarantine or isolation period is expired or a negative test is produced.
- Our offices are currently closed to customers and non-essential employees.
- All requests for service and financing are being handled by phone, email, and through our secure website.
- We will only enter your home when absolutely necessary and for the minimal time required to provide you with service or an estimate.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we're responding to COVID-19, we want to hear from you. Contact us today.